Six Things to Keep in Mind When Planning Ceiling Fan Installation in Scottsdale, AZMarch 21, 2019 11:37 pm Leave your thoughts
Ceiling fans provide fast cooling, are cheap to run and have relatively affordable price tags. But for you and your family to benefit from ceiling fans, they need to be installed correctly. The following are six things to keep in mind when considering ceiling fan installation in Scottsdale, AZ:
- Location of the installation: Before installing a new ceiling fan, you need to carefully consider where you want to put it. The location of a ceiling fan is one of the most important factors to keep in mind, because where you put it will determine its effectiveness. Do some research, and talk to a fan expert to find out where a ceiling fan should be placed, or risk an uneven or ineffective distribution of air.
- Size of the fan: The size of the ceiling fan also matters, and is largely dependent on the size of the room you want to install it in. Let’s start with the fact that bigger is not always better. For example, a small sized ceiling fan may be exactly what you need for a smaller enclosed room in your house, while a more spacious room with higher ceilings may benefit from a bigger installation. Consult a professional if you are questioning the fan size that will work best for the rooms in your house.
- Height of fan: You also need to consider how high the fan will be mounted off of the ground. Generally speaking, you should install ceiling fans at a height of 8 to 10 feet. Cool air can be properly dispersed at these heights.
- Speed of fan: You will have to make a decision on the number of speeds your ceiling fans should have. Most ceiling fan manufacturers design their products with three speed options, but you don’t have to choose a three-speed option if you don’t want it. Just keep in mind that fans with multiple speeds gives you the option to change the speed of the fan blades based on how much air circulation you’d like.
- DIY or hire a pro: If you or someone you know has knowledge of ceiling fan installation, then you could potentially install a fan by yourself, but there are several scenarios that call for the help of a professional, including needing to run wiring to a new fan outlet. Not only will a pro install your ceiling fan, they can also help you select the right fan model and size for your living spaces.
- Safety: You must keep safety measures in mind if you choose to install the fan yourself. Read about the proper way to install a ceiling fan or you risk getting shocked (or worse). Ultimately, safety is the top reason you should hire a professional for this job. Experts know what they are doing when handling electrical wires and connections, and own the right tools to do the job right the first time.
Are you ready to put ceiling fans in your home? Call the team at Eavenson Electric Co. today to schedule ceiling fan installation in Scottsdale, AZ!
Categorised in: Ceiling Fans
This post was written by Writer