The Ring doorbell is an increasingly popular choice for smart home surveillance. More and more homeowners are turning to a video doorbell to tell them when someone is at their door and monitor their front porch. Ring not only allows you to see who is at the door in 720p live video, but it allows you to talk to them with two-way communication from your smartphone or tablet.
If you’re thinking about investing in a video doorbell, you probably want to know step by step about Ring doorbell and camera installation in Scottsdale, AZ:
- Remove your old doorbell: First, you’ll want to remove your old doorbell. Whether you want to attach the Ring to wires or install the Ring wirelessly will affect the next step.
- Prepare wiring (if necessary): Assuming your old doorbell is connected to two wires, you’ll take these wires from behind your old doorbell and thread them through the Ring’s baseplate, where you’ll secure them to the indicated screws in the baseplate. Then, if your doorbell is digital, you’ll need to also install the diode in the middle of the two screws you just attached the wires to. If you’re preparing for wireless Ring doorbell and camera installation in Scottsdale, AZ, you can skip this step.
- Attach the Ring baseplate: Then, you’ll attach the baseplate using the included level. With four holes in each corner, you’ll put screws through the baseplate and the doorframe. Plastic anchor bolts are included if your doorframe is concrete, brick or stucco.
- Prepare the Ring doorbell: Before attaching Ring doorbell to the baseplate, you’ll want to make sure it’s charged by connecting the included micro USB cable to a power source and the back of the Ring. You’ll know it’s charged when the blue LED light on the front of the Ring is fully illuminated.
- Setup the app: Next, you’ll need to download the app and ensure that you create an account. When your Ring is fully charged, the app will walk you through the setup process. It will need your home’s location and the location of the doorbell, as well as many other customizable features.
- Attach Ring to new baseplate: At this point, you’re ready to attach the Ring doorbell to the baseplate. There are two security screws in the bottom of the doorbell that you’ll need to loosen. Then you can slide the Ring over the baseplate until it latches, and then tighten the screws.
- Test the new doorbell: Before using the Ring doorbell, you’ll want to test its video quality. You may need to move your router closer to the front door to ensure the best signal.
Finally, you’re ready to use your new doorbell! Ring doorbell and camera installation in Scottsdale, AZ is not complicated, and once complete, you’ll be able to adjust all the settings through the app, including alerts and motion sensors. If you’re not sure how to connect the wiring, or just need help with setup, look no further than Eavenson Electric Co. Our team of fully licensed and certified electricians will be happy to help.
Categorised in: Ring Doorbell and Camera Installation
This post was written by Writer