Choosing the Right LED Lighting for the Rooms in Your HomeMay 6, 2019 9:08 pm Leave your thoughts
Choosing the kinds of lighting you’ll use in the various rooms of your home requires a bit more planning than a lot of people realize. The kinds of bulbs you choose for your fixtures can produce different types of energy and emotions. Bulbs that have blue light waves, for example, produce serotonin, which helps keep people focused and alert. Bulbs that do not emit those blue light waves encourage the production of melatonin, which can make one feel more relaxed and potentially drowsy.
Lower-temperature bulbs will produce warmer tones, while higher-temperature bulbs produce cooler tones, and medium-temperature bulbs are generally neutral. Here’s some advice for how you can choose bulb temperatures and lighting types around your home when planning for LED lighting installation in Scottsdale, AZ:
- Bedrooms: If you’re like most people, you’re going to want a calmer and more relaxing atmosphere in your bedroom. This means you should try to avoid the cooler blue light waves, as they could disrupt your sleep patterns. Instead, choose lower-temperature bulbs with warmer or more neutral tones if you are going to have a bedside lamp for your nighttime reading.
- Office: You’re likely going to want to make your home office a space that is conducive to productivity, at least as much as possible. Therefore, you should focus on those cooler lighting choices that will encourage the production of the serotonin you need to stay awake and focused. Place those lights in an area that will not cause any glares on your computer screens.
- Kitchen: The kitchen is just as much a workspace as your office, though you may have some other ideas for how you want to illuminate the space and the moods you want to create there. You might choose a mixture of lighting options in this space, such as blue-light-emitting bulbs over workspaces like your counters and prep areas, and warmer tones over your kitchen table or in your overhead lighting. You might consider a dimmable overhead fixture to allow you to create the ambience you want without sacrificing the lighting quality in your work areas.
- Bathrooms: The bathroom is the room in which many people start their day and really start to wake up. Most people will opt for higher color temperatures and brighter lights, located around the mirror instead of on the ceiling to ensure your face is sufficiently lit up so you don’t miss a spot while shaving or putting on your makeup. Larger, globe-style LEDs are common in these areas.
- Living room: The living room is a popular place to relax and enjoy visiting and chatting with friends and family. Therefore, you’re going to want to go with warmer colors, meaning colder-temperature bulbs. A little more yellow or orange in the light is just fine for these spaces.
These are just a few tips to help you better plan out your LED lighting installation in Scottsdale, AZ. For more information about your options, or to arrange a consultation, contact the team at Eavenson Electric Co. today.
Categorised in: LED Lighting Installation
This post was written by Writer