Light-emitting diode (LED) technology is taking over the lighting industry, and for good reasons! New LED lights have a number of advantages over the traditional bulbs that have been around for decades. This post will cover a few of the top reasons to consider LED conversion in North Scottsdale, AZ:
- Lifespan: The top reason people across the globe are switching to LED lights is their long lifespan. An average LED bulb can last 100,000 hours or more! This is more than 40 times longer than an incandescent bulb, and two to four times longer than a sodium vapor light.
- Energy efficiency: While those LED lights are on, they’re using far less energy than traditional bulbs. Retrofitting a home or office with LEDs results in a 60 to 75 percent improvement in overall lighting energy efficiency. If the previous lighting system was particularly old, these savings could reach as high as 90 percent.
- Safety: The number one safety concern when it comes to lighting is the heat each bulb produces. Unlike incandescent bulbs, which can get very hot to the touch and may even cause fires, LEDs produce virtually no heat. LEDs can run on a low-voltage electrical system, which is known to be a safer system.
- Size: LEDs are also a whole lot smaller than other types of bulbs. Since they’re smaller, they can be incorporated basically anywhere you might imagine. From upgraded mood lights in a home to traffic signals, LEDs are everywhere!
- Dimming capability: A big reason for LED conversion in North Scottsdale, AZ—particularly in homes—is that they can be dimmed easily. LEDs can be set anywhere from 100 percent down to 0 percent with the touch of a button on your smartphone. Dimming LEDs not only sets the mood and creates a more relaxing environment, but it also saves a ton of money and prolongs the lifespan of the bulb even further.
- Environmentally friendly: If you’re trying to be an eco-friendly consumer, LEDs are the right lighting option for you. Along with being energy efficient, the production of LEDs doesn’t require mercury or other harmful gases. This isn’t the case for fluorescent or mercury vapor lighting systems.
- Perfect in any environment: LEDs are dependable inside or out, rain or shine and in hot weather or cold. It doesn’t matter where you set up your LED lighting system—you can rest easy knowing that the lights will turn on and stand the test of time. Compared to other types of lighting systems that can only be used inside or only outside, choosing LEDs is a no-brainer.
- Correlated color temperature (CCT): LEDs come in a wide range of correlated color temperature (CCT) values. You can buy LEDs with a warm yellow glow, a cool white glow and everything in between. Talk to your electrician or lighting professional about all of your different color options.
Whether you need someone to install new LED recessed lighting in your kitchen or switch your whole home over to LED lights, Eavenson Electric Co. is your go-to team. On top of providing LED conversion in North Scottsdale, AZ, we can meet all of your electrical repair or installation needs!
Categorised in: LED Lighting Installation
This post was written by Writer