When customers ask us, “How can I reduce my electric bill?” there are usually a number of answers we can provide. There are many possible ways to reduce your bill, but some of them can be costly in and of themselves, wiping out any potential savings before you’ve even started to reap the benefits. Fortunately, there are some ways for North Scottsdale, AZ homeowners on a budget to reduce their utility bills. To this end, we’ve put together some of the best tips our team at Eavenson Electric Co. has learned over our years in the business:
- Change out those bulbs: One of the easiest solutions for customers wondering how to reduce their electric bill in North Scottsdale, AZ involves taking advantage of more efficient lighting options. Home lighting is a big energy user in most homes, so replacing your older bulbs with LEDs and others could be a great way to save some money. Plus, LED bulb technology has advanced at a lightning pace and now offers more lighting colors and styles than ever before.
- Heat and cool smarter: Thermostat technology has also advanced at an incredible rate, and our licensed technicians are always keeping customers up to speed on how these little devices can benefit their living situations. A “smart” thermostat can learn your family’s habits, which will ensure your home is never being heated or cooled unnecessarily, saving you dollars and cents in the process of saving energy.
- Check the water tank: Your hot water heater is a wonderful appliance that makes modern life more comfortable, but it can also be quite inefficient. One little addition for people who ask about how to reduce their electric bill in North Scottsdale, AZ is an occupancy sensor—this will help your water heater know when someone is home or not, and it will not heat the water if the house is empty.
- Fans smarten up: You can now link ceiling fans to the smart thermostats described above, which can lead to serious savings. When your entire HVAC system is working in harmony like this, the benefits can be considerable. Ceiling fans also help move the air around, ensuring the central system’s efforts are not wasted on inefficient distribution.
- Outlets can be a drain: When you plug something into the wall, many people are surprised to learn that it continues drawing power even when not in use. This is called idle energy usage, and it can make a huge dent in your wallet over the course of time. Smart outlets that can be easily installed know to only send power to a device if it needs it.
- Smart light switches: Smart light switches allow you to control your home’s lighting from anywhere in the world with a wi-fi connection on your smart phone. This helps reduce usage while also making sure you can turn on outdoor lights for safety and deterrence.
Going green doesn’t have to be an expensive proposition. Some quick tips like the ones above are inexpensive and easy for just about any DIY-er, and can help save you money in the long run. For more information about how to reduce your electric bill in North Scottsdale, AZ, reach out to Eavenson Electric Co. today.
Categorised in: Energy Saving Tips
This post was written by Writer