If you are like most families in Maricopa County, you have an air conditioner running in your home or office almost every day. When the daily average temperatures exceed 100℉ for several months of the year, you want your indoor spaces to be cool and comforting to escape the scorching heat and blaring sunshine. The more you use your air conditioner, the higher your utility bill will be unless you try out some of these summertime energy saving tips in North Scottsdale, AZ.
Lower your electric bill with these tips
Everyone is looking for simple ways to cut down on costs and minimize overspending. If you take these energy saving tips in North Scottsdale, AZ to heart, you will be surprised at how much less you spend on your electric bill every month:
- Maintain your air conditioner: To ensure your AC unit is operating as efficiently as possible, replace the filter once a month.
- Lower your thermostat: Even setting your thermostat one degree warmer than where it is right now will yield a savings of 2 to 3 percent. Also, consider getting a smart home thermostat that allows you to control your thermostat from anywhere.
- Invest in solar power: Installing solar panels on your home or business can cut your electricity costs by 75 percent. Additionally, you may be able to receive both state and federal tax credits for adding solar panels to your property, which helps defray their initial cost significantly.
- Install solar tubes: The lights throughout your home also consume a lot of energy and drive up your monthly bill. With solar tubes, use natural solar light to illuminate the rooms in your home while also reducing your energy consumption.
- Check your ceiling fans: Did you know there’s a setting on ceiling fans to change their direction? During the winter, you want the cold air to blow up and push the warm air down, and vice versa during the summer. Make sure your ceiling fans are set correctly for the season.
- Put in a solar attic fan: Operating on solar power, an attic fan circulates the very hot air that collects in the upper floor of your home. Cooling off this air works to lower the overall temperature in your entire house.
- Cover the windows: Draw the curtains, close the blinds and cover your windows during the daytime to minimize how much direct sunlight comes into your house.
- Add load controllers: These handy devices monitor electricity consumption throughout the day. When you set up your load controller, you determine which appliances are high and low priority. During the day, as usage fluctuates, a load controller sheds low-priority appliances to minimize electrical overuse.
If you’ve tried all of these energy saving tips in North Scottsdale, AZ but you’re still seeing high electric bills, contact a local, reliable electrical service like Eavenson Electric Co. For 35 years, the community has come to our family owned and operated electrical company for cost-effective services and the finest in customer care. When it comes to the electrical system that runs throughout your home or business, only trust the experts. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Categorised in: Energy Saving Tips
This post was written by Writer