LED lighting is an easy upgrade for your home. You can purchase LED lightbulbs to put in your current light fixtures or remodel to include accent or recessed LED lighting in your North Scottsdale, AZ home. There are many ways to integrate LED lighting on any budget. Here are six reasons why you should make the switch today:
- Long lifespan: LED lightbulbs offer a lifespan of up to 100,000 hours. If you turn one on for eight hours a day, every day, it would take nearly 20 years to stop working. Unlike conventional lightbulbs, LEDs do not burn out, but emit lower output levels for a long time. They slowly become less bright, but you will not find yourself suddenly in the dark one day. If you have hard-to-reach fixtures or spots where lightbulb changes are difficult, this extended lifespan is ideal.
- Energy efficient: LED bulbs emit the same amount of light, but use less energy to do so. Their energy efficiency is an estimated 80 to 90 percent compared to traditional lightbulbs, meaning they only lose 10 percent of their electricity to heat. Most conventional bulbs lose up to 80 percent of power to heat, which is why they frequently feel hot and hard to handle. You will not experience that with LED bulbs.
- More design options: LEDs offer adjustable dimming, colors and remote control options. You can change the mood with the touch of a button and use fixtures unavailable for conventional bulbs. Recessed lighting is a popular option for LED because it offers a smooth design without any bulky fixtures.
- Resistant to the elements: LEDs are optimal for outside and shop fixtures. They stand up well to extreme temperatures and offer shock, vibration and impact resistance. You can use them for outdoor accents and security lighting and install LED fixtures in your garage or shop. There is no reason to limit their energy savings and extended lifespan to the inside of your home, especially since LEDs stand up to adverse conditions much better than conventional bulbs.
- Instant lighting: Conventional and fluorescent bulbs take a little while to warm up. If you currently have fluorescent tube bulbs in your shop areas, replace them with LEDs. You will no longer get the annoying blink or quick burnout. Also, while conventional bulbs burn out more quickly with constant switching on and off, this does not affect LED bulbs. You will enjoy the same steady light every day.
- Easier on the environment: You do not have to throw away as many LED bulbs because they last so long. Also, they do not contain toxic materials, and they are recyclable. One LED bulb is the equivalent of 25 conventional bulbs, and you can imagine the positive impact this has on the environment and production!
Eavenson Electric Co. can help you make the transition to LED lighting in North Scottsdale, AZ. We regularly install LED lighting for homes, and our projects include light trim, customized lighting, recessed lighting and mini lights. Whatever you want, we can make it happen! Call us today to schedule a consultation.
Categorised in: LED Lighting Installation
This post was written by Writer