For home and business owners who want to save money and reduce their impact on the environment, LED lights offer a great option. Light-emitting diode (LED) bulbs is the most energy-efficient product on the market. These light bulbs last longer, have greater durability and provide comparable or even better light than the competition. Let’s look at all the benefits of LED conversion.
LED energy savings
This highly efficient form of lighting is fundamentally changing the market. LEDs that are Energy Star rated utilize up to 75 percent less energy and have a far longer lifespan than other types of lighting.
This has the potential to have a massive impact when it comes to saving energy. In the upcoming years, it’s expected that the vast majority of installations will use LED technology. This is expected to lead to an increase in energy savings across the board.
How LEDs differ from incandescent and CFL lighting
The following are the ways in which LEDs provide energy savings:
- Direction: LEDs give off light in defined directions. This minimizes the need for reflectors and diffusers to trap light. This means LEDs are more efficient for uses like recessed downlights and task lighting.
- Heat: LEDs are not hot to the touch, whereas incandescent and CFL bulbs release a huge percentage of their energy as heat.
- Lifespan: LEDs last far longer than other types of lighting. A high-quality LED bulb is expected to last three to five times as long as a CFL bulb, and 30 times longer than an incandescent bulb.
- Light: LEDs are tiny and emit light in a range of colors. A blend of green, blue and red LEDs can be mixed to create white light.
This form of lighting is now widely used in both residential and commercial applications. Here are some of the most common uses:
- Recessed lighting: These are common in bathrooms, kitchens, hallways and other spaces. It’s estimated that there are more than 600 million recessed downlights in American homes and businesses.
- Industrial and commercial lighting: The excellent efficiency combined with the directional usage of LEDs makes them great in industrial settings. LEDs have been used in everything from street lighting to refrigeration lighting to task lighting.
- Holiday lights: Because LEDs use far less electricity than other types of bulbs, they’re often favored by homeowners during the holiday season. They’re also safer than incandescent lighting because they’re cooler and more durable, thereby reducing the risk of fires and breakage.
- Under-cabinet lighting: LEDs are small and directional, making them the perfect choice for spaces like countertops and above the stove.
Before investing in LEDs, find out exactly what wattage is best suited for your fixtures. You’ll also want to consider light color and brightness.
Whenever you need electrical services, turn to Eavenson Electric Co. We’re dedicated to offering reliable, fast and affordable electrical services backed by a customer service guarantee. We’re proud to be a locally owned and operated company offering services to residential and commercial clients. Give us a call today for more information and a free quote.
Categorised in: LED Lighting Installation
This post was written by Writer