We often take our access to electricity for granted. All you have to do is flip a switch, and the lights come on. Same with appliances like stoves, microwaves, and washers. Electrical issues have the potential to spark a household fire, so electrical repairs performed by a professional residential electrician are important. Let’s take a look at a few of the most common home electrical repairs that are needed.
There are quite a few reasons why your lights may be flickering. The light bulb may be loose, the wiring may be damaged, the light switch may be faulty, the circuit is overloaded, or there is a faulty connection. If you notice a buzzing sound or burning smell along with flickering lights, this is a fire risk. Turn everything off and contact a residential electrician immediately.
If you plug in a device or appliance and it doesn’t work, the problem may be with the device or the outlet itself. Dead outlets tend to occur when a fuse trips, due to faulty wiring, or malfunctioning outlets. While some of these options can lead to a DIY electrical repair if you’re handy enough, you may want to contact a local electrician who can ensure there are no underlying issues or something that you weren’t able to detect yourself.
Tripped Circuit Breakers
If you have a circuit breaker that keeps tripping, a fault was detected somewhere. The circuit breaker tripping is a built-in safety feature that ensures the flow of electricity doesn’t continue when there is a problem. Your circuit breaker could trip due to a ground fault, arc fault, or short circuit, as well as due to wear and tear or being overloaded. Therefore, you should consider consulting with a residential electrician about installing a new electrical panel or additional outlets to prevent tripped breakers in the future.
Whether you have a new or older home, there is a chance that it was not wired properly. The installation could be incorrect, or you could have hazardous wiring. If you hear a slight buzzing sound when your lights are turned on or if you use numerous extension cords, this can be a sign that you have a wiring problem. If you notice an outlet is particularly hot or causing sparks, a residential electrician needs to be contacted immediately for electrical repair. There may be faulty wiring within the walls, which is a serious fire risk.
Electrical wiring is by far one of the most important aspects of a safe home. If you notice any electrical issues, don’t hesitate to contact the team at Eavenson Electric Co. in Scottsdale, AZ. We are committed to keeping you, your home, and your property safe with first-rate electrical repairs and installations.
Categorised in: Electrical Repair
This post was written by admin